…constantly citing that 1 in 6 women are raped without ever specifying
- 1 in 3 Native/First Nations women are raped, and 80+% of the time by non-Native (almost exclusively white) men - and the cases are almost never even investigated.
- The rates of rape of women crossing the border into the U.S. are so high that anecdotal evidence is that it is EXPECTED, but no actual statistics can be found online to address this issue. Searching for “rape statistics for immigrants” or “rape statistics for migrants” brings up only articles debating whether immigration effects overall crime rates. This ERASES the sexual exploitation and common assaults on women coming into the country.
- Rape of non-white openly lesbian, queer and transgender individuals is significantly higher than the “1 in 6” but actual statistics are difficult to come by. So-called “corrective rape” is not something that only happens in “uncivilized”/”backwards”/”Third World” countries.
- Transgender individuals are at significantly higher risk of rape by law enforcement and immigration officials.
- Contrary to assumptions, Black men, while disproportionately present in the criminal justice system and more likely to be wrongfully convicted/serve a harsher sentence for crimes, are not anywhere near a significant rape threat as they are portrayed to be.
- In the U.S. 1 in 4 college women, and 1 in 5 high school women are raped and 44% of reported rape victims are under the age of 18, while 80% are under the age of 30. It’s bloody dangerous to be young.
- 99% of people who rape are men, 60% are Caucasian. 35% of men report at least some degree of likelihood of raping if they could be assured they wouldn’t be caught or punished.
- “In one study, 98% of men who raped boys reported that they were heterosexual.” i.e., there is NO correlation between being gay/queer and pedophilia.